Our district is implementing a new communication tool. We will be using SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies.
In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger's Contact Manager web site. Contact Manager allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this Contact Manager feature and set your preferences for receiving messages, simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
If you are a parent, you will need the following in order to set up your account and communication preference:
- a valid email address
- your student's ID # (you may obtain this from the office of the school your child attends)
Steps for setting up your account:
Enter the following URL into your web browser (or click the link below):
- Fill in the boxes on the Sign Up page. You will need a valid email address, your name and zip code, plus a password you choose. You'll use your email address and the password you choose to enter this site in the future.
- Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox.
- Click Create Account when you're done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from email@example.com which contains a link to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you've activated your account, you're ready to add your student(s) to your account.
- Click the Click here to begin button.
- Select the option that says, "I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone," and click Next.
- Add your child's student ID
- Follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers you provided to the school your child attends.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to the right of your child's name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account.
Thank you for signing up.
Joint School District 391 - 800 Bunker Avenue - Kellogg ID 83837 - (208) 784-1348
©2016 Joint School District 391
In compliance with the U. S. Office of Civil Rights Guidelines regarding Title VI, of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Kellogg School District guarantees access to all classes, programs, activities and services without regard to race, color, gender, handicap or national origin.